I work with women of all ages and adolescents 15+ who are struggling with:
- Trauma/Post Traumatic Stress
- Family Planning/Infertility
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Life Transitions
- Grief/Loss (including miscarriage and infant loss)
- Anger Issues
- Body Image & Self-Esteem Issues
- Burnout/Secondary Trauma (particularly those that work in educational or other helping professions)
- Relationship Issues &/or Embracing Singleness
- Addiction (I work with family members of those who struggle with an addiction)
- Faith-Based Issues *
- Suicidality & Self-Harm
*I am able to provide Christian faith based counseling upon request.
EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing is a specialized therapeutic approach to working through feeling “stuck” in past experiences or memories. It is effective for treating post-traumatic stress disorder or post-traumatic symptoms, grief and loss, long term depression and anxiety, physical pain or somatic symptoms related to trauma and so much more.
Perinatal and Postpartum Support: Up to 20% of American women suffer from a pregnancy or postpartum related mood disorder. I work with women to reconnect with their inner strength amidst the rollercoaster of feelings and struggles that may come with pregnancy or a new child (biological or adopted). I offer in-home visits for women who are on bedrest, 36+weeks pregnant, and up to 12 weeks postpartum. I also welcome women to bring their infants/young children to their sessions especially if finding childcare is a barrier to coming to counseling.