I work with women of all ages and adolescents 15+ who are struggling with:
- Trauma/Post Traumatic Stress
- Family Planning/Infertility
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Life Transitions
- Grief/Loss (including miscarriage and infant loss)
- Anger Issues
- Body Image & Self-Esteem Issues
- Burnout/Secondary Trauma (particularly those that work in educational or other helping professions)
- Relationship Issues &/or Embracing Singleness
- Addiction (I work with family members of those who struggle with an addiction)
- Faith-Based Issues *
- Suicidality & Self-Harm
*I am able to provide Christian faith based counseling upon request.
EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing is a specialized therapeutic approach to working through feeling “stuck” in past experiences or memories. It is effective for treating post-traumatic stress disorder or post-traumatic symptoms, grief and loss, long term depression and anxiety, physical pain or somatic symptoms related to trauma and so much more.
Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) with my trusted dog Franklin: AAT promotes client comfort during a therapy session and has many benefits including encouraging trust and communication, reducing anxiety, and increasing distress tolerance skills. Franklin is a 13lb cockapoo and is trained and certified in AAT. I may be biased, but he’s also the coolest dog I’ve met.
Perinatal and Postpartum Support: Up to 20% of American women suffer from a pregnancy or postpartum related mood disorder. I work with women to reconnect with their inner strength amidst the rollercoaster of feelings and struggles that may come with pregnancy or a new child (biological or adopted). I offer in-home visits for women who are on bedrest, 36+weeks pregnant, and up to 12 weeks postpartum. I also welcome women to bring their infants/young children to their sessions especially if finding childcare is a barrier to coming to counseling.